Join Vichet Chum for a reading of the play version of “Kween” on Mon.
Visit with long time Lowell resident Charlie Gargiulo as he remembers life in Little Canada. His memoir, Legends of Little Canda, is coming from Loom Press on September 30. Order your copy now.
Osborndale Ivanhoe was a bull who became an unlikely celebrity. He defied expectations and challenged long-established notions of what constituted a champion Holstein. But his fame was dependent on one man's stubborn insistence that the animal was, indeed, special.
Public historians Bob Forrant and Kevin Coffee, in conversation with lala's Laura Lamarre Anderson, will discuss the role of museums in telling our history. Through the years, evolving philosophies have guided acquisition and display policies, often resulting in one-sided views and the silencing of many voices.
All three worked on the new Lowell National Historic Park exhibit, One City, Many Cultures, and will discuss their own work in light of this public exhibit.
(This book cannot be returned.)
Randy "Frenchy" Frechette is back for the annual Lowell Celebrates Kerouac festival. Frenchy will paint while poet and chronicler of the Beat Movement, John SInclair, shares some of his words. Add this to your Kerouac weekend itinerary.
Check out the LCK website for a complete program of activities to Celebrate Kerouac!
Mass Center for the Book 2023 Reading Challenge
How It Works
- Sign up at https://www.massbook.org/readingchallenge
- Choose a book that fits the monthly challenge
- After you read, fill out a short form to tell Mass Center for the Book all about it
- That's it!
- If you read at least one book, you will be invited to a year-end celebration hosted by Mass Center for the Book
- If you read a book in each of the 12 months, you will be entered in a drawing to win 1 of 2 totes filled with books and Massachusetts goodies
Check out our Bookshop.org list for book ideas
Follow lala's progress and track your own on StoryGraph