MA local and Grist Creative Manager Tory Stephens will be discussing and signing copies of his book, Afterglow: Climate Fiction for Future Ancestors, an anthology of climate fiction stories, in the ground floor meeting room at the Pollard Library.
Join us at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium for 2023 WinterFest! We'll be in the market place!
Our Market Street store will be open normal hours. Stop in to snap your picture with our mural painted by Matt Gotowala @MattGDrawsThings
We are so excited to join Elinor Lipman at the Pollard Memorial Library to launch her latest book, Ms Demeanor - the perfect book for cozy winter reading. You can buy your book at the store in advance of the event, or buy one from us at the library - we'll be set up in advance of the reading.
In collaboration with lala books, UMOJA is educating children about Kwanzaa values by cultivating a space where the foundations of expressive noise and curiosity are laid for a life of fruition. This FREE culturally competent event features child & adult author read-alouds, drumming, educational crafts, and the opportunity to participate in a public art installment. LALA BOOKS & UMOJA are creating safe space for children to confidently expand their curiosity and sureness while learning about Kwanzaa & its holistic principles from the diaspora.
The Pollard Memorial Library hosts historian Ilyon Woo with their new book, Master Slave Husband Wife: An Epic Journey From Slavery to Freedom.
Mass Center for the Book 2023 Reading Challenge
How It Works
- Sign up at https://www.massbook.org/readingchallenge
- Choose a book that fits the monthly challenge
- After you read, fill out a short form to tell Mass Center for the Book all about it
- That's it!
- If you read at least one book, you will be invited to a year-end celebration hosted by Mass Center for the Book
- If you read a book in each of the 12 months, you will be entered in a drawing to win 1 of 2 totes filled with books and Massachusetts goodies
Check out our Bookshop.org list for book ideas
Follow lala's progress and track your own on StoryGraph