Unraveling Carrie Woodhouse: A Modern Retelling of Jane Austen's Emma (21st Century Austen #5) (Paperback)
She's determined to make a difference in her community. But will her good intentions pull on an erroneous thread?
Carrie Woodhouse has worked hard to have it all. With her family's yarn shop bustling and her love life in full swing, the store owner is ready to give back to her beloved small town. So when she's invited to join the Community Center's board of trustees, the generous businesswoman seizes the chance to put all her ideas for the locals into action.
Even though she thinks she inviting the best to help on the advisory team, she soon butts heads with the manipulative Chamber of Commerce CEO. But when burning the candle at both ends leaves her with a failing business and a lover looking for the door, Carrie frantically scrambles to keep it all together.
Can this big-hearted woman untangle her mess and find a way to right her wrongs?
Unraveling Carrie Woodhouse is the engaging fifth book in the 21st Century Austen series. If you like confident heroines, hidden agendas, and dramatic neighborhood tensions, then you'll adore Sara Marks' captivating modernization of Jane Austen's Emma.
Buy Unraveling Carrie Woodhouse to untie mistaken knots today
Mass Center for the Book 2023 Reading Challenge
How It Works
- Sign up at https://www.massbook.org/readingchallenge
- Choose a book that fits the monthly challenge
- After you read, fill out a short form to tell Mass Center for the Book all about it
- That's it!
- If you read at least one book, you will be invited to a year-end celebration hosted by Mass Center for the Book
- If you read a book in each of the 12 months, you will be entered in a drawing to win 1 of 2 totes filled with books and Massachusetts goodies
Check out our Bookshop.org list for book ideas
Follow lala's progress and track your own on StoryGraph