The Red Deal: Indigenous Action to Save Our Earth (Paperback)
A powerful guide to Indigenous liberation and the fight to save the planet. The Red Deal is both a manifesto for Indigenous liberation and a plan for the future of our planet. Part movement document and part activist handbook, its ultimate goal is not to heal the existing structures, but to present a way forward following the abolition of them.
The Red Nation is a coalition of Native and non-Native activists, educators, students, and community organizers advocating Native liberation that formed to address the marginalization and invisibility of Native struggles within mainstream social justice organizing, and to foreground the targeted destruction and violence towards Native life and land. www.therednation.org The Red Nation is dedicated to the liberation of Native peoples from capitalism and colonialism. They center Native political agendas and struggles through direct action, advocacy, mobilization, and education. Formed to address the marginalization and invisibility of Native struggles within mainstream social justice organizing and to foreground the targeted destruction and violence towards Native life and land. The Red Deal was written collectively by members of the Red Nation and the allied movements and community members who comprised the Red Deal coalition. Everyone from youth to elders; from knowledge keepers to farmers contributed to the creation of The Red Deal.
Mass Center for the Book 2023 Reading Challenge
How It Works
- Sign up at https://www.massbook.org/readingchallenge
- Choose a book that fits the monthly challenge
- After you read, fill out a short form to tell Mass Center for the Book all about it
- That's it!
- If you read at least one book, you will be invited to a year-end celebration hosted by Mass Center for the Book
- If you read a book in each of the 12 months, you will be entered in a drawing to win 1 of 2 totes filled with books and Massachusetts goodies
Check out our Bookshop.org list for book ideas
Follow lala's progress and track your own on StoryGraph