Personal Histories: Collected Prose 2005 - 2020 (Paperback)
In "Personal Histories," poet and essayist, Tom Driscoll shares a collection of short prose written over the past fifteen years. Touching on topics of war and peace, social justice and citizenship, race and reckoning, politics past and present, historical fact and fiction, this is a book that illustrates the challenges involved with simply being, simply paying attention to the world around and the workings of one's own mind. A trip to the movies, an online troll spat, an old photograph found in the desk drawer, a conversation overheard at a convenience store, light shining off the wings of an airplane passing overhead -these are the spurs for speculation, consideration and argumentation, even an occasional prayer.
Mass Center for the Book 2023 Reading Challenge
How It Works
- Sign up at https://www.massbook.org/readingchallenge
- Choose a book that fits the monthly challenge
- After you read, fill out a short form to tell Mass Center for the Book all about it
- That's it!
- If you read at least one book, you will be invited to a year-end celebration hosted by Mass Center for the Book
- If you read a book in each of the 12 months, you will be entered in a drawing to win 1 of 2 totes filled with books and Massachusetts goodies
Check out our Bookshop.org list for book ideas
Follow lala's progress and track your own on StoryGraph