Capital Justice: A Legal Thriller (Paperback)
When the death of a cryptocurrency magnate shakes a small town, Sam Johnstone is thrown into a new and dangerous legal frontier.
As changes in Wyoming banking law bring an influx of crypto entrepreneurs to small-town Custer, attorney Sam Johnstone doesn't think much of the new arrivals. But when a shocking crime throws him straight into the epicenter of the digital world, there's no turning back.
The death of crypto exchange magnate Max Kovalenko shatters the community, sparking local outrage and a long list of suspects. With many betrayed partners, jealous competitors, and bitter family members left in his wake, Max has stepped on plenty of toes since his arrival, and finding his killer is no easy task.
When Kovalenko's prot g is accused of killing his mentor, Sam is reluctant to represent him-but an enormous fee tendered by Kovalenko's daughter convinces him to take the case. As he begins his client's defense, Sam must navigate a complex web of family and business secrets in an environment he doesn't fully understand, where nobody can be trusted to give him the truth.
In the high-stakes world of cryptocurrency, a ruthless new generation of entrepreneurs compete for control over digital assets whose value can skyrocket overnight-and some freshly minted digital fortunes are worth killing for...
What readers are saying:
★★★★★ "...highly recommend..."
★★★★★ "...extremely well crafted..."
★★★★★ "...lots of courtroom drama "
★★★★★ "James Chandler has outdone himself..."
Mass Center for the Book 2023 Reading Challenge
How It Works
- Sign up at https://www.massbook.org/readingchallenge
- Choose a book that fits the monthly challenge
- After you read, fill out a short form to tell Mass Center for the Book all about it
- That's it!
- If you read at least one book, you will be invited to a year-end celebration hosted by Mass Center for the Book
- If you read a book in each of the 12 months, you will be entered in a drawing to win 1 of 2 totes filled with books and Massachusetts goodies
Check out our Bookshop.org list for book ideas
Follow lala's progress and track your own on StoryGraph