Diary: Divine Mercy in My Soul (Paperback)
Large Print This is the book that sparked The Divine Mercy devotion -- one of the fastest growing movements in the Catholic Church today. Diary is a dramatic telling of St. Maria Faustina Kowalska's amazing encounter with The Divine Mercy -- our Lord Jesus Christ. On Mercy Sunday 2006, Pope Benedict XVI said, "The mystery of the merciful love of God was the center of the pontificate of my venerable predecessor Pope John Paul II] ... evidencing that the devotion to Divine Mercy is not a secondary but an integral dimension of a Christian's faith and prayer." Diary chronicles God's message given through St. Faustina to the world to turn to His mercy. In it, we are reminded to trust in the Divine Mercy of Jesus and seek His forgiveness. And as Christ is merciful, so, too, are we instructed to be merciful to others. The message of Divine Mercy has become an integral part of Catholic faith, including the celebration of the Feast of Divine Mercy on the Sunday after Easter as Jesus had requested of St. Faustina. Diary is truly a book that inspires people to turn with trust to Jesus and guides the reader through an intimate journey of prayer and devotion that ultimately leads to God's mercy. Includes 24-page photo section. (Sizes: Hardcover/Trade Paper: 5.5" x 8" & Mass Market: 4.5" x 7").
Mass Center for the Book 2023 Reading Challenge
How It Works
- Sign up at https://www.massbook.org/readingchallenge
- Choose a book that fits the monthly challenge
- After you read, fill out a short form to tell Mass Center for the Book all about it
- That's it!
- If you read at least one book, you will be invited to a year-end celebration hosted by Mass Center for the Book
- If you read a book in each of the 12 months, you will be entered in a drawing to win 1 of 2 totes filled with books and Massachusetts goodies
Check out our Bookshop.org list for book ideas
Follow lala's progress and track your own on StoryGraph